Recipe of Curd Rice
Preparation Time: 20 min
1. 1 medium size cup rice
2. vegetable oil – 2 tablespoon
3. Mustard seeds – 2 teaspoons
4. 4-5 curry leaves
5. 8-10 green chillies – cut them in small pieces
6. Salt – add according to taste
7. Plain yogurt – 5-6 tablespoons
8. cilantro – to garnish , 1 tablespoon
Jai Ho Checklist:
Rice – check in aisle 1
Vegetable oil – check in aisle 6
Mustard seeds,salt – check in aisle 2
Green chillies, curry leaves, plain yogurt – check in refrigerated section
1. Take 1 cup rice and thoroughly wash them. make rice in rice cooker by
adding twice the amount of water for each cup of rice (so for 1 cup rice add
2 cup water).
When rice is cooked, let it cool down (Transfer all the rice in a big bowl
or tray and let it cool down).
2. take a skillet and put it on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
to it. When the oil gets hot add 2 teaspoon mustard seeds,4-5 curry leaves,
cut green chillies.let it cook on medium-low heat till the mustard seeds
start to turn reddish and the green chillies also turn brownish reddish. You
can now turn off the heat.
Add this to the rice and let it cool down.
3. Now add salt according to taste, 5-6 tablespoon of yogurt and 1
tablespoon chopped cilantro to rice and mix everything well. If you think
salt and yogurt are bit less you could add more accordingly. Curd rice is
ready to serve!