Recipe of Pav Bhaji
This is a spicy blend of vegetables in tomato gravy (called Bhaji) served with pav (bun) that is cooked with butter.
Serving – 2-3
Preparation Time – 30-40 min
Ingredients for Bhaji:
- 1 boiled potato – peeled and mashed
- 2 tomatoes – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower – grated
- 1 capsicum – finely chopped
- Green Peas – 3 tablespoon —- check frozen section
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- MDH Pav Bhaji masala – 1.5 tablespoon — check aisle 2
- Cilantro – 2 tablespoon, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Amul Butter – 6 tablespoon — check refrigerated section
- Salt – add to taste — check aisle 2
- Lemon juice – add to taste — check in aisle 6
Ingredients for Pav:
- 1 packet of Pav or buns — check in front section of aisle 1
- Amul Butter, 1-2 tablespoon — check refrigerated section
Method (for the Bhaji):
1. Take a skillet on medium heat. Put 6 tablespoon of butter in it. When it gets hot and melts then add 1.5 tablespoon MDH pav Bhaji Masala. When the masala turns light brownish then add chopped onions and sautéed them.After 5 minutes add finely chopped tomatoes. When they become tender then add capsicum and cauliflower in it. Cover it on medium heat for 5 min.
2. Now add finely mashed boiled potatoes and mix everything well. Use a masher to mash all the vegetables in the skillet. When everything is evenly mashed then add 3 tablespoon of green peas and mix well. On low heat cover the skillet for 5-10 minutes. When all the vegetables are mashed and tender your bhaji is ready. You can add salt and lemon juice according to taste if needed and mix it well. Garnish it with cilantro and a small slice of butter.
Method (for Pav):
1. Slice each pav (or bun) into 2 horizontally. Apply a little butter to each side.
2. Heat a large tava(pan) and cook the pav on both sides till the pieces are lightly browned.
Pav Bhaji is ready to serve!